Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Coolest Thing EVER!


Okay so maybe this is not the coolest thing ever but it is close. For awhile we have been trying to figure out a solution to our pantry dilemma: too many cans and not enough horizontal space so we have to stack them 2 and 3 high and then they fall over all the time. So finally I came across **FREE** rolling can storage plans so I can build my own. As they are made out of cardboard they are pretty cheap if not free to build. So for now while I wait on Robert to build me something more permanent we will use these! You can find the plans to build them here.
FYI: if you do build them do add about 1/8 to 1/4 inch to the width of the boxes, the cans were a bit too tight to roll smoothly. If mine look bigger than they should it's because I altered mine slightly to make them 15" deep and 15" to fill up the entire shelf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea. Anything that's free and worth trying to make from scratch is a great thing. Thanks for the post. Saving space in the pantry never looked so good. :D

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Wow! That's amazing! That might be the answer to my pantry problem too. (I am Taryn's Mother-in-law) Ask Taryn about my nightmare pantry!