Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

...I have a secret...

It is no secret that I love to be outside, I love my family, yet I love my alone time, I love music, I love our ward (the sisters are awesome) and my favorite time of the day is before the sun rises when the first signs of light come to the sky.

So, for a year or so I have been listening to the ladies of the Sossaman Ward talk about their marathons, triathlons, bike races etc. (Yes, we do have an active ward!) Every time they would start to talk about it and ask others around me if they were interested in joining them for the next race I always thought, "Please don't ask me, running is not my thing!" Don't get me wrong, I run a lot after my kids but that's different than a marathon! So after about a year of all the ladies talking about running I wondered if I even could run, I mean, really run not just sprint after a two-year-old. So I decided to start, just to see if I could and you know what I can! So my secret is this--that I love to run now! I don't know why it took me 26 1/2 years and three kids to figure this out but I do love to run! I love spending the time outdoors in the early morning hours (I get up between 4 and 5 AM usually), before it gets hot, to run a few miles and listen to my music while I get some time away from the kids and the house. (It combines so many of my favorite things!)

Now to those ladies in my ward...you know who you are...I don't think I am ready or even considering a marathon or triathlon but perhaps I'll see you out in the neighborhood in the early morning hours too! Thank you so much for inspiring me to see that I too can run and love it! And to those of you who think, "Running is not my thing!" perhaps it is and you just don't know it-you should give it a try!

1 comment:

Bear said...

Way to go Brandy! That is awesome. It took me a long time too to decide that running is not the worst thing in the world :) Keep it up. I love the mornings too.