Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lilly's First Birthday!!

I can not believe that it has been a year since sweet Lilly joined our family.  (I think I say that every time they turn 1 but I really do mean it!)
 
Here is a bit about Lilly:
She loves to play with her siblings.
She walks a little bit sideways, and she's not that great at walking still probably because there are enough people to carry her around when she wants...and when she doesn't want to also.
She is still very cautious on the stairs, I don't mind, however she can go up and down them on her own now.  
She has two teeth on the bottom and two coming soon on the top.
She says Momma, Dadda, Bye-Bye and she shakes her head yes and no and I think she knows what they mean.
She loves, loves, loves baby dolls.  She sleeps with one, carries one around, kisses them, hugs them...you get the idea.
The only thing she likes as much as dolls is balls and cell phones and if they are pink then she loves them even more!  :) 



She is just so cute!


When she was born my visiting teachers brought us dinner, for the dessert we were given Flan.  I thought it would be fun to celebrate her the same way we did 1 year earlier so instead of a fancy cake we had flan.  

  

Mesmerized by the flame...she tried to grab it while we were singing to her and got burned or scared from us freaking out. 


She recovered quickly to enjoy her flan.


She really, really enjoyed it.



Then stole Katie's fork and enjoyed some more!


And then asked for more!


But settled on making sure every crumb was off her own plate...


And ate every crumb off the table.


You could say she likes food.  
I love her for that too.  

At this point in the night we realized due to our lack of planning that we never bought a gift for her to open!!  What kind of a first birthday would it be without a present to open!?!  So I promptly sent James and Robert to the store while the rest of us cleaned up dinner.  

When they came back with the gift Michael promptly wrapped it up. 


Because Lilly was so messy from dinner and her flan she was stripped nearly naked...the next pictures are not exactly modest...


She had lots of help opening her gift.








What a fun birthday!!  We love you Lilly!!

No comments: