This week was Spring Break! Overall we had a great week.
Monday and Tuesday: the kids and I hung out, played, cleaned and learned about the solar system.
Wednesday (Robert's first day off): We went to the Arizona Science Center. We always have a fun time there and this day was no exception! We extra fun part of this trip was that we went to the Planetarium too! The kids were very excited about the Planetarium visit because we had been studying the solar system.
Thursday (Robert's second day off): This day wasn't the funnest but it was a great/important day. We signed papers on 2 acres of land out in San Tan Valley, Arizona! We officially own property!
From the corner post on the left to the house on the right is all ours!
There are a lot of rocks and sticks on our property...Lilly LOVES it! She collects and shares lots of what she finds!
Eventually we will probably build a home on it...not sure when though, it might be next month, it might be next year. Personally I hope it will be sooner than later!
After signing papers we took a road trip to Tuscon. We found a builder that we liked that we wanted to talk with about building a new home. After talking with them, I'm not sure if we are going to go with them any more. So for now I will keep looking.
Friday: the kids and I went on a bike ride. It didn't go well. :( One child wasn't listening and so before we even got off our street I said, no more, we are going home! We were almost home, James was 2 houses in front of me when I see our neighbor backing out of his driveway I yelled stop to James and he stopped just in time to be at their bumper! I was too far away to scoop him out of the way. I just screamed as loud as humanly possible "STOP!" in hopes that the neighbor heard because he was slowly backing into James. Thankfully he heard me! He stopped just in time to only push James off his bike. James wasn't hurt and his bike was mostly fine too! It was the scariest moment of my life to watch my child almost get run over! Our neighbor got out and had a terrified look on his face and apologized over and over! James training wheel got a little tweaked and he happily fixed it for him, while apologizing the entire time. For the record, I wasn't upset, it was just an accident and thankfully James wasn't hurt. But, I am very sure I will NEVER forget that neighbor! We don't know them very well, we first talked to him when we all were first on the scene of an accident behind our house (yes that would be the canal for those who know our house...) The next time I talked to him he jumped our expedition when I had a dead battery, and the third time was when he almost ran over my child.
After we got bikes put away and came inside all I could do was cry and hold James and tell him how much I loved him...I didn't realize I was shaking until then. So thankful he was safe! We sure love him!
Saturday the kids asked to go on a bike ride, I promptly said NO! Someday we will venture out again but not when that memory is still fresh in my mind.
Sunday: Robert left on a business trip to Chicago. He will be gone until Friday. Wish me luck. Lilly has already had 2 accidents since he left two hours ago! If that is how the week is going to go, it will be a long week!
That was our Spring Break! Hope your week was fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment