Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had a wonderful Christmas!   We spent the week in Alamo with lots of family!  Our children were so blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Biggs, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Biggs, as well as Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Knighten all in Alamo for Christmas plus Josh, Nikki, Joe and their foreign exchange student Marie.

It was a Christmas to remember!

So to start things off I drove the kids and I up to Alamo and we bought Robert a ticket to fly up to Vegas on Christmas Eve.  And the night before we left I lost my voice.

 Yup.  4 kids and a silent mom drove 8 hours to get to Alamo.  The kids were AMAZING!  Michael was a huge help! There was no fighting, they worked together, helped each others and were so wonderful!  I couldn't have asked for a better trip with them.  We arrived at about dinner time and then waited for Grandma and Grandpa Biggs  to arrive and when they did there was a lot of this:


 We realxed and hung out until Christmas Eve came and then we packed up and drove back to Las Vegas.  We explored the Hoover Dam:

 We did a bit of last minute Christmas shopping and then the kids and I picked up Robert at the airport and met everyone back at the Belagio to see the sites.











And finally we went outside to see the Belagio Fountains. The boys really loved the revolving doors! They went around several times.










On Christmas we had a wonderful time opening presents eating good food and enjoying time with family!

After Christmas Great Grandma Biggs, Great Grandma Knighten, Great Grandpa Knighten, Josh, Nikki, Robert and I all went to the Las Vegas Temple together.  It was wonderful to be there with them all.

After we finished at the temple the Great Grandparents went back to Alamo and the Grandparents plus Joe and Marie came to Las Vegas.  The Great Grandparents were kind enough to watch Michael, James, Katie and Lilly so the rest of us could have a night out in Vegas.  We had lots of fun!

Here we are exploring the Flamingo gardens


 (See the flamingos in the back)

Here we are in the Paris Hotel, La Creperie is where we ate breakfast on our honeymoon when we stayed at the Belagio.  Here we are nearly ten years later!


We all got tickets to see Vegas, the Show.  It was wonderful! Loved it!  Would love to see it again! (Here we are waiting for it to start)


Next we walked down Freemont Street.  That was fun!  Of all the times I have been to Vegas, this was the first time on Freemont Street for me.




And of course I wish we could have seen Celine...but nope had to settle for lots of her larger than life ads instead.


Back in Alamo there of course was some of this:
 And this:



Merry Christmas! 


No comments: