Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Fence!

We had a sad day.  We lost Butterfinger to the neighbor's dog.  She was our chicken who would lay eggs on the kitchen counter.  She was very sweet, friendly and patient with the kids shenanigans.  She was always one of the first to come when I called too.  We all cried when we found out.  And for about a month after Lilly prayed that Butterfinger will be ok and will come back to be with us.  She has definitely been missed.  (Yup, I know it's just a chicken. But it was our chicken.)

Because of this we have started locking the chickens up every day in their area.  I'd call it a coop but really it's not a coop it's a trampoline with a fence around it and a shelter for them under it.

They don't like it, at all.  They grumble and call to me every time I walk outside. They get excited at the hope of getting out.  We try to let them out every evening an hour before sunset so they have a while to roam but not too far and then they come back to roost for the night. 


Because of all this we decided to get moving on a fence. 

800 feet of fencing!

The first post of many!


The entire back of both lots is finally done!

No comments: