Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Zucchini Anyone?

I know some people have a lot of zucchini to spare right now. Unfortunately we aren't one of those people, however, we did buy some because it's pretty cheap at the Ranch Market right now. So, I thought I would share my favorite zucchini recipe with everyone.

Dilly Zucchini Casserole
1 C. Biscuit/Baking Mix (Such as Bisquick)
1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbs Dill Weed
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
4 Eggs
1/4 C. Oil
3 C. Chopped or Shredded Zucchini
1 Large Onion chopped finely

Mix everything together and pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until knife inserted comes out clean.

We like cold or hot. It freezes well too; I cut it into pieces and wrap each piece individually and freeze them together in one big Ziploc bag.
Let us know what you think of it!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Why do you cut them into pieces? Are they little pieces for snacks? Or does it make enough to use for several different meals?

Brandy and Robert said...

I guess I wasn't very clear on the blog, I cut it up into individual portion pieces then wrap each piece and freeze so if I want one piece or need something for Robert's lunch I can just pull out one piece instead of thawing the entire casserole. I just find it easier that way.