Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Changes in the Bond Home

March has definitely been the month of change so far for us.  At the beginning of the month we changed around some of our stuff to make room for Emily to live with us again.  The kids sure love having her around.  I don't know if they like her so much because she plays with them or because she sneaks them candy when mom and dad aren't around...probably both.


Yesterday we had some changes too.  We have been talking for quite a while about getting a dog and although we can't decide on color, size, breed, or even if a dog is a good choice, we did finally make one choice:  we are now a doggie foster home.   :)  We decided that fostering a familyless dog would give us the chance to decide if we want to make the life long commitment of adopting a dog. We picked up our first dog last night.


Her name is Chelsea she is a 1 year old German Shepherd Lab mix.  She has short hair and she comes up to just below my knee.  She thinks she is a lap dog... 

She is really playful and patient with the kids.


She is sweet and loving and well, perfect...so far.


I'll update you later on if she stays that way after the first 24 hours.


Oh and don't worry, there have been changes for Cookie, our Cockateil, too.   She now has a cage to call home. 

I don't know if she likes the cage as much as her home on the shelf but this is just how it's going to be from now on.  I am going to enjoy not stressing about her flying out the door or into the kitchen while I'm cooking.  (Besides we really didn't want to find out the hard way that the dog, ahem, likes birds...)

So there you have it.  Exciting changes in our home!

3 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

great choice on fostering! i hope it helps you guys make a decision. can't wait to meet chelsea! :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Fostering a dog is a good choice if you're not too sure about getting one permanently.

Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I figured when the baby sleeves are a little bigger, or able to fit over my machine arm, I'd start adding some elastic. Until then it saves me some elastic for more necklines.

I put elastic in for my blouses but haven't tried modifying the baby sleeves for elastic. Perhaps you'll have to show me how to do it since they're still pretty small. :D