I love the diversity of foods this book teaches you to can. The recipe I can't wait to try out: Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate on page 192. It is so rosy pink and crystal clear and sounds yummy too!

I love this canning book because it is written by someone who has done a lot of it. I loved that she teaches the difference between jams, jellies, butters, preserves, conserves, marmalade and curds. Who knew there were so many things to eat with your peanut butter and bread! My favorite recipes I have tried and love: Orange Marmalade, Lemon Curd and Banana Pineapple Jam.
This quilting book is awesome! I love the asymmetrical designs that look like you sewed it crooked but really that's how the quilt was designed!

These two quilting books have some great quilts in them I just love the colors they have used and all the shapes the quilts have.

I like that this book shows you how different a quilt can look if you just make it in different colors.

And last but not least if you live in the Phoenix area and TRY to garden, you NEED this book! I loved it so much I ended up buying it! The author is from here and explains what to grow and how to grow. It's great!!
So "check them out" if you need a new read.

2 comments:
I have the 2nd book and love it. I think I'll have to check out Extreme Gardening. I haven't had any luck gardening in AZ except for carrots. They tend to grow everywhere I didn't plant them:) I didn't know you quilt. I've only made 2 but I do enjoy it. Thanks for the book recommendations!
Thanks for sharing you're favorite books. I never think to go to the library to check out books for quilting and canning or really anything 'grown-up' for that matter. Perhaps I'll have to check some books out for myself the next time we go to the library.
Post a Comment