So I have a friend who blogs about the refashions and crafts she does and it inspired me to do some of my own. :) Here's what I've been up to:
I am beginning to need maternity clothes and WILL NOT pay $50 for pants that won't be worn very long...okay really I won't pay $50 for pants ever! So I found this tutorial: Maternity Pants Tutorial on how to turn regular pants into maternity pants, it looked easy enough so since it was 50% off day at Goodwill my three kids and I took a little trip. I found 2 shorts that were cute, modest and would have fit without the baby bump. So on to JoAnns to buy stretchy fabric. It took about 30 minutes to cut off the top and sew on the stretchy band; it was so easy and I LOVE them. Every crafty pregnant mama should try this!! (Sorry no picture, I wasn't in the mood to take a picture of my belly today.)
While I was there I also found a men's shirt to try out this tutorial: The Shirt Dress Tutorial Once I got the pattern drawn up I was able to sew up the entire dress in about an hour! I LOVE IT!! Instead of sewing the waist band on top I cut the dress and sewed it in and with that was able to make the skirt fuller. To make the skirt fuller I cut the entire bottom of the shirt off and gathered it then sewed it onto the waist band. The shirt I got was strait across the bottom so I didn't even have to hem it! I removed the buttons from the left over part of the shirt and added them in between the original buttons because for a little girl's dress they were too far apart. (I didn't make new button holes just sewed them on-Button holes get very time consuming)
I can't wait to do another one! Sleep in fear Robert's dress shirts because you are next...you know which one's you are...the one with the little stain on the collar and the one with the stain on the sleeve...You will soon be a lovely little girl dress!!
Happy Crafting!!
2 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! I haven't tried the shirt-dress tutorial yet--need a little girl to measure and all :D. It's so cute!
Good job in making some maternity pants and shorts. I agree they are so pricey--hence why I haven't bought any new ones, but maybe after having my baby I'll make some for the post delivery adjustments :D.
Keep it up!
So cute! I've never heard of the dresses before. I wish I had a girl!
Post a Comment