Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

A New Adventure

So I had this (crazy) idea that we should switch to cloth diapers! So I did some research and let me say this, these are not your mother's cloth diapers!

No pins! No plastics! No folding!





Isn't she cute!?!

I decided on "All In Ones," AIO for short, as my preferred diapers. Meaning that all of the necessary parts are included in once diaper: the soaker pad, the plastic liner to keep everything in, fasteners, velcro in my case. I set off to figure out how to get some. I quickly realized buying new wasn't going to happen, $15 per diaper was too much for me! So I turned to the trusty world wide web find a free pattern to see if making them was an option. And here is what I came up with:

*There are TONS of free cloth diaper patterns
*Lots of step by step tutorials on how to make them
*Lots of info with what to do with them once you made them.

Here is the pattern I decided on:

 Wee Wika Side Snap found here:
http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php

Then I added gussets to keep stuff in. Instructions for gussets can be found on the same website.

I have used them a bunch of time now and can say I really like them.  I wish I had more time to make more so I could use them all the time. So yeah for saving money!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She is very adorable! I am always impressed with the crafts you do.

Anonymous said...

I love the cloth diaper idea. You are so good at it. When I first saw the picture I seriously thought it was a fancy store bought cloth diaper, but after reading I looked again and saw that it's a fancy homemade cloth diaper :D way to go!