Michael just had his first ever Track and Field Day at school. Robert was able to go and help with it. Michael had tons of fun! He's had a few rough days with school but overall he really enjoys it. He is reading now and I enjoy listening to him read new books everyday. It's amazing how much he is learning in school!
James has been enjoying going to Preschool for about 2 months now. He is having fun being with other kids, not just his siblings at home. If you are thinking, wait you guys used to be too cheap to pay for preschool, what happened? Don't worry, we still are. We were invited to join a preschool group where all the moms swap teaching the kids so it's still free. It's been fun to see him get so excited for preschool. He made this really cute Dr. Seuss hat. Isn't it awesome!?!?
Katelyn woke up one morning took off her diaper, put on her underwear and has been wearing underwear ever since! (except at bedtime) Mind you she has been changing her own diaper for about 4 months now--removing it, putting a new one on and throwing the old one away. I knew potty training time was coming soon and I am welcoming it with open, excited arms. I introduced braids to her and she frequently requests it now. She has started to pick out her own outfits lately. She often wears two left shoes, or one sandal and one cowboy boot. Here is one of her latest picks. You can't see it but on top of her shirt she has a sweater vest and then her fleece jacket...it was close to 80 degrees that day and she refused to take off her coat, boy will she love the summer!
Here's another picture of her showing of her new princess clothes.
Lilly is growing so big. I love that she is finally laughing!! She smiles all the time and loves all the attention she still gets. She thinks she should sit up all the time and it won't be long before she will be able to sit on her own. She can roll from her tummy to her back but usually she only does it when she is mad and doesn't want any more tummy time. We have had an ongoing thumb war with her. I want her to use a binkie and she thinks anything but the binkie is better. She has been happy with arms, chin, cheeks, necks, fingers, thumbs...you get the idea. She has recently decided that thumbs are good and will switch from one to the other depending on which one is easier to access. I started putting socks on her hands and offering a binkie and she reluctantly still takes it. So, the thumb war goes on...we'll see who wins. On a happy note she is starting to sleep through the night every now and then. The other night she slept a full 8 hours! However the next night she woke up every 3 hours...she can't seem to make up her mind!
Me...Brandy...I am staying busy like usual. I learned how to crochet and have been enjoying crocheting baby hats and baby booties for other people. I also like crocheting flowers. I like that I can crochet anywhere, it doesn't take up much space and it's pretty cheap. I've been battling keeping the house cleaner. My goal lately is to not let the dishes pile up. It's week two of this goal and I feel like I've been doing very well. GO ME!! :) We've also started up the chore chart again to help with keeping things clean. I like it. I don't think the kids do. I have finally started couponing again. (It took me awhile to get back into the swing of things after Lilly was born) It's nice to see our grocery bill go back down. This week was especially awesome; $5 for all this!
Katie's doll modeling a preemie hat I made.
Robert's job is still the same....hopefully (a good) change is on the way....
1 comment:
I love the update! Your blog is so cute, especially the font. You are such a thrifty example, I'll have to get some couponing tips from you :D
Post a Comment