Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Guest Room Transformation

Now that we have four kids we no longer have a guest room and it was time for a makeover on James and Katie's Room.  I forgot to take the before picture.  But it was a...humm...perhaps you could call it a mint greenish pastel  (it was a great oops paint find)  But I found another oops paint, a nice grey color.  Then on the wall it looked purple.  So after some mixing of other random colors we came to have this color:  (more of a bluish grey)




I also found another awesome oops paint, green flat paint this time.  Perfect for making some chalk board paint.  (Go here and click "read more" at the bottom to find directions on how to mix up your own chalkboard paint)  **Side note, this oops paint was the new Behr premium plus ultra.  It is extra thick to begin with so if you are going to make it into chalkboard paint you'll want to add some water or you'll be spreading it on instead of rolling it on.

Anyway I decided to try out the new Frog Tape that boasts of crisp edges and no paint sepping under.  I followed ALL directions online for textured walls (a bit tedious if you ask me) but the results were amazing!  I only had 3 small spots to fix!







The room is finally starting to look like a kids room.

The funny thing is now that we have started to fix up this room Katie and James don't want to sleep in that room, they want to sleep in Michael's room...

Which means all 4 kids in the same room...

Perhaps we still could have a guest room after all!

1 comment: