Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Fun Updates

We have had lots of fun in the past few weeks.

Robert and I got new phones...we, for the first time ever, have smart phones, texting, data, everything!!
I'll let you guess who's phone is who's.



This is the first summer the kids have had swim lessons and they are doing so well.  I can see huge improvements in such a short amount of time with all of them, including Lilly.  (Lilly LOVES the water!)



We have had some monsoon storms to enjoy.
(Taken by me out our bathroom window.)





The boys started their 4 week session of Ice Hockey.  It's awesome to watch them skate around (or at lest try to skate.)  The coaches are really great with them.

Michael is showing Lilly his skate

Katie helping with a helmet

James in all his hockey gear...I'm sure it weighs nearly half as much as he does...  After two weeks of lessons, he still can't quite get up without help.  We'll keep practicing. 

Practicing falling and getting back up again.
 (I'll post more pictures of this in a few weeks and movies will come too, especially after they get their hockey sticks.)

We built a "Kid Wash"  they love it!  It's second still to the pool.  It is kind of hard to see but it squirts out water all over.  So fun!

Katie demonstrating how the stop/go gate opens and closes.  

We try to keep busy: we play Wii a lot, do "Preschool" as the kids call it (which is just doing school work but they love it) we read books, go to the library, color pictures, do chores, go to the school to eat breakfast or lunch occasionally, go to the movies every Monday for the summer movie program and of course we go swimming!  We have had a pretty good summer so far.  I can't believe it is already over half finished!

No comments: