We took Michael to the allergy specialist. They performed an allergy skin test. Soy showed a positive allergy reaction but the Dr. said that it wasn't enough to need to avoid it. Peanut and fish showed no allergy. That was exciting news to me! It has been really overwhelming keeping up the: no gluten, no soy, no fish, no peanuts, no artificial, no salicylate: tomatoes, peppers, apples, berries, peaches, oranges, almonds, grapes/raisins, and the list unfortunately goes on. Basically I had to cook EVERYTHING from scratch! It was really healthy, lots of good fruits and vegetables, meat, with rice or potatoes or biscuits. I am excited that we can at least add fish, peanut butter and soy back on the list of things we CAN eat! :)
However, the other day Michael had several mini peanut butter cups (they have soy and peanuts in them) and after he had a red rash all around his mouth...so I get the feeling that he should only have some things in small amounts. So, that's that. Just thought you all would like to know a bit about what's going on with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment