Everyday I think, "I finally got all the soy stuff out of our house!"...and the next day I find something more to throw away, give away or otherwise get rid of. It seems to be in everything! Don't believe me? Pick up 5 pre packaged foods and read the ingredients. I bet at least 4 out of the 5 items have soy in them! It's not just soy sauce and tofu like I originally thought out is: popcorn, pancake mix, mayo, cereal, doughnuts, candy, and the list goes on! Did you know it was in so many things?
So today, after gathering up yet another bag of food to give away, I am saying (hopefully for the last time), "I finally got all the soy stuff out of our house!"
2 comments:
I love the title. It truly is amazing how much certain ingredients are in all our food. Some of my family members had to avoid soy for their babies' sake and it was a challenge nonetheless. Good luck!
While nursing I have eliminate dairy so I am really good at reading labels. I have always said I would rather cut out dairy, even though it is hidden in many things you would think, than I would rather cut out soy. Soy is in almost every thing!! Good luck I am so sorry for you. Ian finally out grew his dairy allergy, so here is hoping for you too.
Post a Comment