Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas!

We have been so blessed this Christmas by family and friends.  Thank you to all of you who have blessed our lives this Christmas and this year!  We love you!



The stockings were hung, presents all wrapped and we went to sleep Christmas Eve...only to wake up 2 hours later to half the family throwing up.  (The flu was not exactly what I had in mind for Christmas Eve.)

By morning people were feeling better but Robert and I were exhausted so when Michael came in at 6 am to wake us up we sent him back to bed.  One hour later he came back and we still weren't ready so we let him call Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Biggs to wish them Merry Christmas, and yes, we won the prize of the first Merry Christmas!  (For those of you not in the family, there is a competition each year to be the first one to wish Grandma and Grandpa a Merry Christmas to earn a dollar. It's great fun!)  I forgot to factor in the time changes so we may have called them a bit earlier than I thought...either 4:45 or 5:45 their time but like always, Grandma sounded happy to hear from us!  :)

After calling Grandma and Grandpa we had Michael watch TV for awhile because Robert and I still were not ready to get out of bed and all the other kids were still sleeping.  Around 9:30 AM we FINALLY got out of bed and began opening presents.  I am sure this is the latest I have ever opened presents.

Here are the wonderful pictures!

The boys got a lot of Legos:

Lilly added to her baby doll collection.  (She LOVE, LOVE, LOVES baby dolls!)


I received a new iron!  Yay, and it is the Shark band I wanted (it has vertical steaming to steam clothes while they are hanging up)  The best part is now I won't get zapped while ironing!  (My old one had a little fall and some wires were exposed...)

Katelyn got a new dress


The boys got Hot Wheels Wall Tracks and a ton of cars to go with it.  It is pretty cool!




 Check out Michael's infamous silly picture faces...


The girls got a kitchen and the works to go with it.  All the kids have enjoyed playing with the kitchen "making" hot chocolate and mixing up all sorts of goodies.  Lilly even knows how to open the doors and play!  So cute!


Over all we had a great time playing with the new toys and spending time together as a family.  Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone who helped make our Christmas a wonderful one!

No comments: