Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Today started out a bit early with our ward's Turkey Trot.

We were all bundled up because it was a bit chilly.  And brought our own hot chocolate. 


So we got there a little late and while Robert was helping me unload the car the one mile race started.  Katie and James got swept up in the excitement of it all and off they went with the other racers!  So when Robert and I got back to where they were supposed to be, they were no where to be found!  Robert and Michael took off running the course to see if they could find them and Lilly and I stayed at the finish to see if they showed up.  Before long here came James, happily running the race.  So I asked him where Katie is and all I got from him was, "I don't know.  I gotta go mom, I have to finish the race!"

Before long a ward member told me that Katie was found crying along the way and that someone was walking with her encouraging her on.  Before long she turned the corner and I could see her sad little face.  Apparently she and James started out running together but then she got tired and had to walk and James kept running. Soon she then realized she didn't know anyone around her.  I'm thankful for kind people who saw her and encouraged her on and helped her get back to us!

So in the end I was the one that signed us all up for the Turkey Trot and I was the ONLY one above the age 3 that DIDN'T run/walk at least a mile!

Here James is winning the kids under 6 race.  ...yes I know he is over 6.  We didn't realize he was racing in the wrong race until after he won and the race officials said it was okay.

When I asked Lilly why she didn't run in the kids races she said, "I was tired and grumpy!"  True story.  She cried every time we put her down and complained non-stop about being cold.  


 Yes I know there is an arm growing out of my head...focus on the cute girls!


The kids were excited we all got matching shirts.  Here are Robert and Lilly in theirs. 

We decided to have our own Thanksgiving feast this year with just us at home.  It was nice to stay home and just relax together.  Our meal was 100% natural and  100% gluten free.

We ate: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, jello salad, green beans, cream pie, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. 

It was delicious and so wonderful to be able to eat everything there and not have to watch other people eat things we can't have.


Happy Thanksgiving!!


1 comment:

M Taylor said...

You amaze me. 100 % natural AND gluten free. That's awesome. I'm glad you guys had such a fun day. I remember those good ole Turkey Trots.