Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

More cement!

Around 4 am yesterday I was awoken by the glorious noise of cement trucks coming to pour our beautiful slab! (I'm sure the noise wasn't beautiful to the few neighbors we have but it was necessary to be early.)

It was like Christmas morning and there was no way I was going to miss it,  so while everyone kept sleeping I went out to watch the magic happen. 


And happen it did! 

And still is!  

They smoothed the concrete and resmoothed it until about noon! 

Then another cement truck came and they poured some more and smoothed some more! 

And then we did this to that  perfectly smoothed concrete.


And then later that night they cut up our beautiful concrete.  (In theory it should now crack on the cuts not other places)


The next day we had lots of fun creating cities, drawing walls of rooms,
 And bubble baths.

Next up: framing! 

1 comment:

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

I am loving reading the progress of your house! Glad you're back to blogging!
-Andrea