Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

I LOVE CouponSense!!

So this morning I got up nice and early, 5:30 to be exact, to go the Fry's without the kids.  After spending nearly all day yesterday getting my shopping list together, printing coupons off the internet and cutting coupons out of the newspapers I had about 100 coupons (literally) to use and a great plan to save some money and stock up on much needed items.

So here is what my cart looked like at the store (Sorry, cell phone pictures aren't always the best but you get the idea--lots and lots of food)



Wondering what the savings and final price was?  Drum roll please...

85 coupons used
$352.55 Saved (Coupons and VIP Card Savings combined)
I paid $30.20
Bought 165 items = 18 Cents per item  (that included a 10 lb turkey too!)

By far this was my best shopping trip ever and I have the over 6 foot long receipt to show for it!  I never thought I would be one of those crazy coupon ladies that hands over so many coupons to the cashier...but I guess I am and I think I'm okay with that! 

Most of the deals I got today I knew of because of CouponSense.  It is a site that you pay once a month and they do most of the couponing work for you by matching up the coupons with the sales to give you optimal savings.  If you are not ready to pay for that, there are others sites that do similar things for free.  One of my favorite websites to help save money is http://mycouponlady.com/  She gives great plans on what to buy at CVS, Walgreens and local grocery stores to save tons of money.

Now onto more important things...Let's have this baby already!!  My cupboards are stocked and no one will need to shop for awhile.  :)  So I think we are ready!

2 comments:

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

Wow! Great job! Coupons are addicting!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That's awesome. I'm sure the baby was just waiting for this shopping spree to happen. :D