Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lately...

As some may know we have an up coming wedding we have been preparing for.  I have been asked to make the cake.  Here's a sneak peak:




I have affectionately named it The Little Monster because well, that's what it is.  It will have 6 layers plus a cake topper and when finished it will be nearly 3 FEET TALL!  5 of the 6 layers will be styrofoam, only the bottom layer will be real cake so they can do the cutting of the cake.   I haven't ever made a wedding cake so wish me luck!  (I have made other fancy cakes though)
Here is a practice (messy) trial of the quilting design. 


As for my little monsters I have made these:  (The picture doesn't really do them justice, they are much cuter in person!)

 I finally used my double needle to sew pin tucking! Fancy Stuff!


And ties for the boys will follow...hopefully.

This week will be crazy and this time next week if my house seems a little sweeter than usual it's just the fine layer of powdered sugar coating everything. ;)

3 comments:

Amanda Walters said...

It looks amazing to me! Great job!

Amanda said...

It looks amazing to me! Great job!

M Taylor said...

The cake looks awesome. Good luck with that for sure. I love the blue fabric for the little dresses and the double needle really makes it look fancy.