So I was recently reminded that iron-on paper existed when I saw a friend blog here about personalized onesies. And then when I was searching for craft/sewing labels (just for fun) I came across a make your own labels tutorial here using iron-on paper--What a great idea! So off to Walmart and Michaels...
I came home with two widths of ribbon and one package of Avery Light Fabric Transfers. (the transfer paper cost around $7)
In Photoshop I created a design in three different colors so I (hopefully) had it in a color I liked for the project I need it for. (I can always go back and make more in a different color if the need arises.)
I then went on to create a few other labels.
I printed them out onto the transfer paper, cut them apart, ironed them on and sewed the folded ones so they are ready to go. They are fantastic! I really like the ones that have BK on one side then you flip it over to see the size. (once I sew on the tags all the extra strings will be gone and it will clean and professional)
I KNOW I am going to love this! There is something great about putting a label on something that says you made it and that it didn't come from Walmart! And besides that I am going to LOVE having the size on the items I make too.
(These are a pair of shorts/leggings for Katelyn. When her onesie is pinned closed on top of them they keep her diaper on nicely and she still looks cute!)
All of my labels are so small that I only used a few inches of one paper...What to do with the other 5 and 3/4 pages of transfer paper?!? I think I see a few personalized onsies in my future!

1 comment:
What a clever idea! They'd totally come in handy when tagging projects you've made. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment