Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kindergarten and so much more....

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were welcoming our first precious baby into our home...


Boy does the time fly!  This week Michael had his first day of Kindergarten and he LOVED it!!  He picked out his own clothes, combed his hair and put on his socks and shoes all by himself.  Here he is ready to go to school.  (He was so excited he really didn't want to stand there for a picture.)


He was much happier to be buckled in and ready to go.


 He was so excited, he jumped out and ran off.
 

He looked back only twice as he ran towards his classroom.


In fact he loved it so much that he wanted to stay longer.  He was even excited about doing his homework!  (I hope he always stays this excited about school and homework.)  I'm very sure I have had more anxiety about him  going to school than he has had, but I hear that just part of being the mom. 

He seems to be growing up way to fast.  Here are a few other facts about Michael:
*He puts his own laundry away
*He loves to write his ABC's and 123's
*He sounds out words very well and will spell many 3 letter words
*He can subtract and add very well in his head and corrects us all the time when we are wrong
*He loves it when I read chapter books to him and he begs me to read more all the time - we have read many of the Boxcar series and are now in the middle of reading The Indian In The Cupboard
*He is a pretty good swimmer and loves the water
*He enjoys playing with James, Katelyn, our dog and he especially loves to play with his friends
*He is VERY independent and likes to do everything on his own
*He has been able to ride his bike (without training wheels) for several months and loves zooming down our sidewalk and around our neighborhood

Robert is excited Michael has met another huge goal in boyhood-


I think he may be a bit young but Robert assures me he'll be just fine and of course he always has parental supervision.  And really as long as I don't have to mow the lawn I'm not really picky about who does it.  (as long as everyone is safe of course)

Five fun years with Michael and so many more to go!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for him!

1 comment:

Juli said...

I'm so glad he liked Kindergarten! We just started reading The Indian in the Cupboard. Wyatt loves the Boxcar Children too. Have you guys tried the Magic Tree House series? Wyatt really likes them and they are educational as well as fun. Though I guess all reading is educational:0