Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Favorite Bread Recipe

I have been making bread for a very long time.  However I didn't start searching for really great whole wheat recipes until after I got married and have needed to do something with all that wheat we were storing up like the Prophet counseled...I mean no point in having it if you don't even know what to do with right? Right.   Anyway in my searching I have found a very good recipe for whole wheat bread.

Perfect Homemade Bread

www.everydayfoodstorage.net

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. Yeast
1 ¼ C. Warm Water
¼ C. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
3 Tbs. Wheat Gluten
2 Tbs. Nonfat Non Instant Dry Milk
1 Tbs. Oil
1 Tbs. Vinegar
¼ C. Potato Flakes
2 ¾ C. Wheat Flour

 

Instructions:

If using a mixer: Add all the ingredients in the order listed.  Using a dough hook turn on mixer and let it knead dough for 12 to 15 minutes.
If making bread by hand: Add  everything except only add 1 cup of flour to yeast mixture and whisk together for 1-2 minutes until it looks a little stretchy and stringy.  Switch to a spoon and mix in the remaining flour adding a little at a time until you cannot add any more flour.  Turn out onto floured or oiled counter and knead for 5 to 10 minutes. 
If you are in a hurry shape into loaves, let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Or if you have time let dough rise until doubled, then shape into loaves, let rise again until doubled.
Bake at 375˚ for 25 to 35 minutes.

No comments: