Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

How well do you know me?

A bunch of things you may or may not know about me:

1.  I don't know where to begin
2.  I was born in Washington
3.  I grew up in Lehi Utah...sort of...
4.  My family moved a lot
5.  I lived in Alaska,
6.  Arkansas,
7.  New York,
8.  Nigeria, Africa,
9.  Mumbles, Wales, Great Britain
10.  and now Arizona
11.  When I lived in Lehi, Utah it was a small farming community
12.  Now I think it is HUGE with too many people living too close together...Like Mesa...
13.  I used to ride horses
14.  I used to be a therapeutic horseback riding instructor, AKA Hippotherapy
15.  I love working with children who have special needs
16.  I especially loved/specialized in autistic children
17.  Someday in the far future I would love to open a Hippotherapy center
18.  I originally wanted to be an Occupational therapist
19.  Then I changed to Human Development
20.  Then I decided on Early Childhood Education
21.  But then I wanted to double major in Special Needs Early Childhood Education and Human Development
22.  But then I got married...and moved to Arizona
23.  Now I just want any degree
24.  I love going to school and learning
25   Originally I went to the University of Utah...GO UTES!
26.  I was accepted to BYU and decided it wasn't for me
27.  I did a study abroad while at the U
28.  I studied for 1 semester at the University of Wales in Swansea so I could live at home with my family
29.  I am now about 24 credits away from a bachelors degree...just waiting for life to calm down a bit so I can finish
30.  For now I fulfill my need for knowledge through library books and the internet
31.  I love finding craft and sewing tutorials online to try out
32.  My eyes change color with my mood
33.  If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would ever have a home birth I would have said, "Heck NO and are you CRAZY"
34.  Last November I had a home birth, it was FANTASTIC!
35.  I really love being a mother
36.  Sometimes I get really frustrated with my children...I still love them...a lot
37.  I am very surprised that we have not had any ER or Urgent Care visits with my kids
38.  I think I was a bit accident prone in my youth...I have broken more than Robert likes to hear about
39.  I was in a bad car accident when I was young, my youngest sister died at 13 months old.
40.  That experience changed me:
41.  I get a little crazy driving in the rain especially in August,
42.  I am obsessive about carseat safety...ask my husband I drive him crazy,
43.  and when my babies get to 12 1/2 months old I start to freak out about them dieing.
44.  I thank my Heavenly Father fore healthy, happy children who have all lived past 13 months old
45.  I have not been in any accidents since that one.  I thank my Heavenly Father for that too.
46.  I rode in an ambulance with the older gentlemen who hit us.
47.  He was a nice old man, turned out to be a friend of my family.
48.  His wife was very sweet too and for years after that brought us homemade chocolates every year at Christmas time.
49.  I'm not mad at him.  It was just an accident.
  Let's change the subject.
50.  When I was young and would tell my Grandma Biggs "I can't"  her response was, "Can't is a slugger too lazy to try," apparently I took it to heart.
51.  My theory for life is "How do you know you can't do something if you haven't tried."
52.  I also figure that if someone else can make it and sell it in a store, perhaps I could make it at home, that goes for cooking, sewing, and crafting.

53.   I recently tried crocheting again and was more successful than the last time, I made flowers for a headband for Katelyn.
54.  I like to sew
56.  I don't think I am a fantastic sewer
57.  I often rush through a project so excited to finish that I miss steps and it doesn't turn out as perfect as I would like.
58.  I don't like to use patterns
59.  If I do use a pattern I rarely follow all the instructions
60.  I have found I love machine quilting
61.  I don't think hand quilting is for me.  I'll leave that to the Amish and my wonderful Mother in law.
62.  My first job was sewing for my Grandma Biggs, she was a professional seamstress.
63.  My last job was working for SHARP, it is an alternative school for kids who get kicked out of their regular school.  I really enjoyed working there.
64.  I like to cook.
65.  I tend to not use recipes...I seem to have an overall issue with instructions...
66.  I like to try new things when cooking and see how much can be homemade
67.  The weirdest thing I have made from scratch is wanton wrappers...it began as a need for dinner and a lack of desire or money to go to the store and buy them.  They are pretty easy and VERY cheap to make.
68.  I really, really, really wish my home were spotless all the time
69.  But I really don't like cleaning all the time...so it's not spotless all the time
70.  I'm still trying to find a balance between having a clean home and not cleaning all the time
71.  I love my family
72.  I am enjoying watching my children grow and develop into awesome little people
73.  I look forward to the future with my family with joy and anticipation,
74.  I'm sure it will be full of trials but overall it will be wonderful.
75.  I think that is more than enough about me!

And that wraps up the month of me!  Now back to the family and our happenings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it. Thanks for the info. It's always cool getting to know little things about people and how they have been shaped through such things. You are such an awesome person--especially the Hippotherapy. Happy Birthday Month!

Amanda said...

Crazy! I didn't know half of those things. But I disagree with one of them...I think you are an awesome seamstress!